Sunday, December 18, 2011

Rock in Suggiton
Marseille, about two-three years ago
----------------------------------------------------
I was already trying the technique where color is put only on the white paper several years ago. 'Rock in Suggiton' is and representative example from that times. In opposite to what I do now ( 'Sunday', 'Actress tomb') at those days I did care about the borders between color patches. I did not leave white spaces in between them. Quite a work, one need to think twice (well, actually more then twice) before painting a picture, actually as far as I remember the one above is a successful try of several ones. So I painted many times the same picture in order to calculate explicitly where which color will be. So it is not really a free single attempt paining style, but rather programed calculation established over several repetitions. Still nice, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment